Windy Point Park is one of the top diving “hot spots” in the Central Texas area. It has been recognized by various divers and instructors from all over the state. Locally, several Fire Rescue and Underwater Rescue Operations use Windy Point Park as a training ground to help save lives.
We offer a wealth of items to find, explore, and seek out in Lake Travis. Divers will find boat wrecks and unique metal sculptures of a scuba diver, a sea turtle and a shark along with other interesting objects. There are various boats, a Pinto and more! ( See the detailed map. ). There are six platforms available for instructors to use for training.
Divers with advanced training and experience can enjoy the deep underwater canyon wall, plunging to depths well over 100 feet. Dress warmly however – the temperatures at that depth can differ 30 degrees from the surface
SCUBA fills available from 8am to 6pm for $12 per bottle.
- On-site air-fill station
- Courtesy carts to transport your equipment
- Minor repairs if applicable
- Protected swim and dive areas
- Stairs for easy access to Lake Travis
- Instructors – Free park entry and personal air-fills with SCUBA class
- DiveMasters – Free park entry when working with a SCUBA class